La Trobe Student Association Election 2022
Elections for the La Trobe Student Association will be held online from Monday 19th September to Monday 26th September. The election will cover the Bendigo, City, International, Mildura, Shepparton and Wodonga Student Councils.
Table of contents
- Information about voting
- Candidate statements
- Candidates’ Forum and video statements
- Notice of election
- How to nominate — re-opened nominations
- List of nominations
- How to vote
- Election timetable
- Important documents
The results of the election are now available (PDF).
There is a period of three academic days for requesting recounts or appealing against the result of the election. Therefore, requests for recounts and appeals must be received by Friday 30th September 2022.
All candidates were invited to submit a statement of not more than 200 words. They are reproduced in the link above exactly as submitted, without being edited or proofread by the returning officer. Note that neither the returning officer nor the LTSA warrants the accuracy of any statement made by candidates.
Candidate statements can also be viewed on the voting page.
In lieu of a Candidates’ Forum this year, candidates were invited to provide video statements.
Notice of election
Notice of the 2022 La Trobe Student Association elections is hereby given on Monday, 5th September.
The following positions are open for election:
- Bendigo Student Council (9 vacancies)
- City Student Council (9 vacancies)
- International Student Council (7 vacancies)
- Mildura Student Council (9 vacancies)
- Shepparton Student Council (9 vacancies)
- Wodonga Student Council (7 to elect)
List of nominations
Download the list of nominations received (PDF). This updated list incorporates candidates from both rounds of nomination.
The order candidates appear on the ballot paper was determined by a random draw.
How to vote
Voting has closed.
The election ran from 10am on Monday 19th September until 2pm on Tuesday 27th September (Melbourne time). Votes were accepted only during those times.
We expect to announce the results on the evening of 27th September.
How to nominate
Nominations have now closed.
Nominations ran from Monday 5th September until 5pm Monday 12th September.
Because some vacancies remain unfilled, in accordance with the Electoral Regulations, nominations were re-opened on Tuesday 13th September for the Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, City, Mildura and Shepparton Student Councils. This second period ran until 5pm, Friday 16th September 2022.
Eligibility criteria: in order to nominate as a candidate:
- You must be a member of the LTSA. You can join the LTSA, for free, on the LTSA website by following this link.
- For campus student councils: you must be primarily enrolled at the campus you’re nominating for. (For example, nominees for the Bendigo Student Council must be Bendigo students.)
- For the International Student Council: you must be an international student
- Monday 5th September — nominations open
- Monday 12th September — nominations close at 5pm
- Tuesday 13th September — nominations re-open for unfilled positions
- Friday 16th September — re-opened nominations close at 5pm
- Monday 19th September — open of polling, 10am
- Monday 19th September — Candidates’ Forum, 1pm
- Thursday 22nd September — public holiday
- Friday 23rd September — public holiday
- Tuesday 27th September — polls close, 2pm
All times are the time in Melbourne, Australia.