La Trobe Student Association Election, September 2021
Elections for the La Trobe Student Association (LTSA) were held from Monday 13th September to Friday 17th September. This election was for positions that were unfilled at, or have become vacant since, the inaugural election; and to fill the new Online Student Council.
The returning officer in charge of the election is Patrick Clearwater of Above Quota Elections Pty Ltd, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deputy returning officer is Goldie Pergl.
The provisional declaration of results is now available.
Any requests for recount or appeals must be submitted by Wednesday 22nd September. The Electoral Tribunal is responsible for making the final declaration of results.
Table of contents
- List of candidates & policy statements
- Candidates’ forum
- How to vote
- Notice of election
- Nomination information
- Election timetable
- Important documents
- Returning Officer
List of candidates & policy statements
A provisional list of candidates is now available. This list incorporates candidates who nominated in both rounds of nomination.
The Candidates’ Forum ran on Monday 13th September. All candidates for contested Councils (i.e., Bundoora Student Council) were invited to present, and the Forum was open to all students.
All candidates will be invited to attend a forum where they can put their case to the voters.
How to vote
Voting closed at 2pm on Friday 17th September. Please contact the Returning Officer if you have any questions.
Notice of election
Notice is hereby given of the La Trobe Student Association (LTSA) September 2021 elections.
Positions vacant for election
- Albury-Wodonga Student Council (3 to elect)
- Bendigo Student Council (6 to elect)
- Bundoora Student Council (7 to elect)
- City Student Council (9 to elect)
- Mildura Student Council (4 to elect)
- Online Student Council (9 to elect)
- Shepparton Student Council (6 to elect)
- International Student Council (5 to elect)
Note that the positions available for election are those for the new Online Student Council, and those that have become vacant since, or were not filled, at the inaugural election.
Nominations (how to be a candidate)
The first round of nominations closed at 5pm Monday 6th September, and the second round closed at 5pm Friday 10th September.
Nominations have now closed. Please contact the Returning Officer if you have any questions.
- Monday 23rd August 2021 — notice of election given, nominations open
- Monday 6th September 2021 — nominations close 5pm
- Tuesday 7th September 2021 — nominations re-opened, if needed
- Friday 10th September 2021 — re-opened nominations close
- Monday 13th September 2021 — open of polling, 10am
- Monday 13th September 2021 — candidates’ forum (online)
- Friday 17th September 2021 — close of polling, 5pm
- Friday 17th September 2021 — provisional results declared
- Wednesday 22nd September 2021 — deadline for recount requests or appeals against results
- LTSA Constitution
- LTSA Electoral Regulations
- Provisional list of candidates (updated Sunday 12th Sept)
- Provisional declaration of results
The Returning Officer in charge of this election is Patrick Clearwater of Above Quota Elections Pty Ltd (AQE). AQE is a professional election services provider, who has been engaged to run the LTSA elections fairly, impartially and in accordance with the Electoral Regulations. He is assisted by other AQE staff.
Patrick can be reached at email@example.com.