La Trobe Student Association Election 2023
Elections for the La Trobe Student Association (LTSA) were held online from Monday 2nd October to Friday 6th October. The election will cover the Bendigo, City, International, Mildura, Shepparton and Wodonga Student Councils.
The Returning Officer in charge of the election is Patrick Clearwater of Above Quota Elections, who can be reached at email@example.com. The Deputy Returning Officer is Goldie Pergl. The elections are held under the rules established by LTSA’s Electoral Regulations and Constitution.
Information for voters
- Voting is now closed. If you have any questions, contact the Returning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of contents
- Notice of election
- Nomination (how to be a candidate)
- How to vote
- Contact the Returning Officer
- Election timetable
- Important documents
The provisional declaration of results is now available:
- Updated provisional declaration of results (updated 10.30am Tuesday 10th October)
Notice of election
Notice is hereby given of the 2023 La Trobe Student Association elections.
The following positions are open for election:
- Bendigo Student Council (8 vacancies)
- City Student Council (2 vacancies)
- International Student Council (5 vacancies)
- Mildura Student Council (9 vacancies)
- Shepparton Student Council (9 vacancies)
- Wodonga Student Council (7 vacancies)
Students are eligible to nominate for the Student Council representing the campus of their primary enrolment, and all international students (including those at Bundoora) are eligible to nominate for the International Student Council. To nominate, you must be a member of LTSA at the moment nominations close: you can join the LTSA for free.
Not sure which is your primary enrolled campus? Contact the Returning Officer (from your student email account) and we can verify you appear on the roll.
Nominations were open from Friday, 8th September until 5pm, Friday 22nd September. For Councils with unfilled vacancies, a second round of nominations ran from Monday, 25th September until 5pm Thursday 28th September.
A provisional list of nominations is now available:
- Provisional list of nominations (1st October)
The list of nominations incorporates nominations from both Student Councils.
Candidate statements have now been published:
Note that you must be a member of the LTSA to be eligible to nominate.
LTSA’s Student Councils are responsible for the strategic direction of the LTSA. Student Council representatives receive governance training, ongoing support, guidance and mentorship. Joining a Student Council is a great way to build skills, set the LTSA’s direction, and give back to the community.
The LTSA has more information about Student Councils, including lists of current Student Council members and information about the structure of the organisation.
How to vote
All eligible voters will be sent a personalised ballot link on Monday, 2nd October. You’ll have until 2pm (Melbourne time) on Friday 6th October to vote, so don’t delay — make your voice heard. (Note: The ballot email is personalised for you, so please don’t forward it to anyone.)
You can vote for the Student Council representing your primarily enrolled campus. International students can also vote for the International Student Council.
Note: Bundoora students are represented by the separate La Trobe Student Union. Domestic students enrolled at Bundoora aren’t eligible to vote in LTSA elections. International students enrolled at Bundoora can vote for the International Student Council.
Candidate policy statements will be made available on the ballot, and also on this website, following the close of nominations.
If you haven’t received your voting link by Tuesday, contact the Returning Officer and we can arrange for it to be resent.
You don’t need to be an LTSA member to vote.
Note all voting is online — there is no provision for voting on campus or by post.
Contact the Returning Officer
The Returning Officer is responsible for administering the election, interpreting the Electoral Regulations, and responding to complaints. The Returning Officer is an independent appointment, and is not an employee of either LTSA or La Trobe University.
The Returning Officer for this election is Patrick Clearwater, with Deputy Returning Officer Goldie Pergl.
- Contact email: email@example.com
Other methods of contact available on request.
- Friday 8th September — opening of nominations
- 5pm, Friday 22nd September — closing of nominations
- Monday 11th–Friday 15th September — mid-semester break
- Monday 25th September — re-opening of nominations for any unfilled positions
- 5pm, Thursday 28th September — closing of re-opened nominations
- Friday 29th September — public holiday
- 10am Monday 2nd October – 2pm Friday 6th October — polling week
- Friday 6th October — provisional declaration of results